Working with You to Research and Learn
The Division of Educational Outreach at UNLV is committed to creating an environment that promotes quality instruction, professional development, stimulating research, and community engagement. The courses and programs that we offer are developed with excellence in mind. Our internal practices help identify and inspire outstanding education and training while meeting the standards of the Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) to sustain the UNLV accreditation. The Division's programs support UNLV's mission and Core Themes:
- The Office of Continuing Education designs and delivers high quality non-credit programs, courses, workshops and seminars to both professionals and casual learners.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNLV offers more than 90 peer-led courses to retired and semi-retired students at a low membership cost. OLLI at UNLV has no tests, homework or prerequisites and contains classes on topics including current affairs, history, science, politics, the arts, philosophy and more.
- Community2Campus helps non-traditional students complete their college or graduate degrees, offering scholarships and consultations, and coordinating all the Division's for-credit courses during the fall and spring semesters. It also helps faculty members develop innovative, self-supporting, for-credit classes.
- Summer Term offers focused, quickly delivered courses to both admitted and non-admitted UNLV students over the three-term 13-week period between spring and fall semesters.
- The Public Lands Institute works to strengthen the national fabric essential for our public lands' protection, sustainability, multiple use and management. In so doing, PLI focuses on increasing the participation of women and people of color in science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (STEAM). It also works to find public land management and stewardship solutions for both public and private clients, and provides community outreach and volunteer events.
- The Cannon Survey Center assesses, consults on, and implements telephone and mail surveys of local, state, regional, national and/or targeted populations.
We are housed at UNLV’s Paradise Campus and report to The Office of the Executive Vice President and the Provost.